Jacksonville Biblical Counseling Center
We take your problems and the promises of the Gospel seriously!
Galatians 6:1-2, “Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.” (ESV)
Colossians 1:28-29, “Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me.” (ESV)
Colossians 3:16, “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.” (ESV)
The above verses are the driving force behind our counseling philosophy. Biblical counseling seeks to come alongside others and help bear their burdens by bringing them to Scripture so that we may learn God’s way of living. It is only when we live God’s way that we can find true and lasting joy, peace, hope and satisfaction in life.
While the Scripture tells us many praise worthy things about our Savior Jesus Christ, one of the most amazing is recorded in John 1:14 – “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, … full of grace and truth.” (ESV)
One of the things that made Jesus so glorious is that His words were always filled with grace: comforting the suffering and consoling the weak. Yet His words were also always filled with truth, confronting the sinner and challenging the proud.
Our Goal at Jacksonville Biblical Counseling Center is to speak words of grace and truth to those who are suffering, hurting, and struggling
Everything will be held in strict confidence, except where, in the counselor’s judgment, there is a biblical and/or legal requirement to involve others (e.g. criminal activity).
We believe that Scripture commands the local church to be in the ministry of counseling others. So, we do not charge a fee for our counseling: it is a ministry of our church available to you.
Your Expectations On Us:
- Privacy. Everything will be held in strict confidence, except where, in the counselor’s judgment, there is a biblical requirement to involve others (e.g. criminal activity).
- Care. Our staff will care for you and treat you with respect.
- Encouragement toward Christ-likeness. Our staff will encourage you in your successes and exhort you to think and behave in a way that pleases God.
Our Expectations On You:
- Be honest. It is very difficult, if not impossible, to help you if you are not honest.
- Do weekly homework. The assignments will encourage real, root level change in your life.
- Give us some time. Habits are not developed overnight. Lasting change takes time.
- Attend a Bible preaching church. We believe one reason God has given the church is to build us up and encourage us in our change process.
If you desire to seek help through Biblical Counseling then please fill out the forms below. You can click below to download our forms as a PDF. We look forward to helping you!
Each individual coming to counseling needs to fill out separate forms. All forms must be completed in full before a counselor is assigned.
Once they are complete you can scan and email the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can print them, fill them out, and drop them off in our mailbox at 403 Finley St.
Have more questions?
You can reach us by phone or email below. We’d be happy to answer any questions you might still have!