June 22nd Update – Meeting at 403 Finley St.
Please note: I would encourage each family to wisely and prayerfully consider when they will return to our gathering by consulting the CDC guidelines, the local government’s advice, and most importantly your own conscience. If you are struggling to think through this decision, or if your heart is conflicted about it, I would love to help you walk through this and will not pressure you either way.
Where and when is the service?
Our church will meet inside the Community Christian Church building at 403 Finley St at 11:00am.
What will the service be like?
Our service will include singing, corporate prayer, and a sermon from God’s Word. At the end of the service there will be a place to give an offering, but nothing will be passed around.
What health guidelines should I be aware of?
We are asking each family unit to sit together, six feet from other family units. In addition, masks are still recommended but are not required. Hand sanitizer will be available, and all common surfaces will be wiped down.
What should I do if I am feeling sick or have a fever?
Out of love for one another and a desire to glorify God, we are asking you to stay home and worship with your family. This protects others from possible infection, it protects you from possibly harming a brother or sister in Christ, and it protects our church’s ability to gather corporately.
Will childcare be provided?
Childcare will not be provided at this time.
Can I invite others to the service?
Yes, we would love to worship with your friends, family, and anyone else in the community that you know!
If you have any questions or concerns about this new plan, please contact me. I would love to talk through it with you.
List of Resources
Helpful Resources for Family Worship:
- The Gospel Project – Kids
- The Gospel Project takes kids on a Christ-centered, chronological journey through Scripture. Kids will discover how the gospel unfolds from Genesis through Revelation. When kids truly experience the gospel, their hearts are transformed. It is the gospel, not good behavior, that changes everything.
- Link: https://www.gospelproject.com/kids/
- The Bible Project Youtube Channel
- BibleProject is a nonprofit animation studio that produces short-form, fully animated videos. Our videos and all of our other resources are available for free to help people everywhere experience the unified story of the Bible.
- Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/jointhebibleproject/
- Seedbed Psalm Book
- Seedbed has translated the Psalms in meter and verse, allowing us to sing the Psalms as the Hebrew faithful and the early church would have sung. This is a great tool to sing and worship together as a family in your home.
- Link: http://psalms.seedbed.com/psalms-index/
Helpful Sermon Series, Lessons & Conferences:
- The Gospel Coalition Courses
- In a world that is noisier than ever, we want to be a trusted voice directing you toward the God of the gospel. We want to be a place where your Sunday school and small group can dig deeper together, a place where you can discover the best lectures and books and essays to enrich your spiritual life. One of the core ways The Gospel Coalition serves the church by providing biblically faithful content for personal and group use.
- Link: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/free-online-courses-from-tgc/
- Gospel Treason by Brad Bigney (10 Sermons)
- Is it harder for you to change and grow as a Christian than it should be? Do you wonder what is holding you back? Have you ever considered that it might be idolatry? Using real-life stories and examples, Brad Bigney shows us how the idols we might not even recognize can still have devastating effects in our lives. In this transparent, honest book, he helps us to identify our idols, understand how they lead us to commit treason against the gospel—and finally repent of them and root them out forever by turning to the only One who can fill our every need.
- Series Link: https://www.graceky.org/sermons/series/gospel-treason/
- Book Link: https://smile.amazon.com/Gospel-Treason-Betraying-Hidden-Idols/dp/1596384026/
- Heart of Change Videos by Brent Aucoin (3 Lessons)
- In the following videos, Pastor Brent Aucoin presents a biblical perspective on dealing with conflict in relationships with others. This is one of the required foundational resources for all Faith Group members to view in order to be an effective participant in a small group at Faith.
- Link: https://www.faithlafayette.org/heart
- What Did You Expect? Redeeming The Realities Of Marriage
- The first session is available as a preview, the series is a $35 download.
- Everyone’s marriage morphs into something they didn’t intend it to be. At some point you need something sturdier than romance. You need something deeper than shared interests and mutual attraction. You need changed expectations, you need radical commitments, and, most importantly, you need grace.
- Link: https://www.paultripp.com/products/wdye-mp4
- Getting to the Heart of Parenting
- The first session is available as a preview, the series is a $35 download.
- Parenting is hard, but there are few things in life that rise to this level of importance. God has chosen parents to be primary instruments in the shaping of a human soul. A 10 session journey through the Bible to discover a different and better way to parent. After laying down foundational parenting principles, Tripp covers specific applications for children 0-5, 6-12, and 13-18.
- Link: https://www.paultripp.com/products/parenting-mp4
Helpful Documentaries and Series:
- American Gospel 1: Christ Alone
- Is Christianity Christ + the American dream? American Gospel examines how the prosperity gospel (the Word of Faith movement) has distorted the gospel message, and how this theology is being exported abroad.
- On Demand Link: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/gospel1
- American Gospel 2: Christ Crucified
- The gospel message of “Christ crucified” has always been offensive. In our culture it is common for preachers to soften the offense of the cross, and the attributes of God that are displayed in the person of work of Jesus Christ. “American Gospel: Christ Crucified” explores how the paths of post-modernism and progressive Christianity lead to a different gospel, and a god created in our own image.
- On Demand Link: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/christcrucified
- Patterns of Evidence: Exodus
- What is the validity of history found in the Bible? Is it fact or fiction? What does the hard evidence really have to say about the foundational story of the Old Testament: the Exodus out of Egypt? An in-depth investigation by documentary filmmaker Tim Mahoney searches for answers to these questions amid startling new finds that may change traditional views of history and the Bible
- On Demand Link: https://www.christiancinema.com/digital/movie/patterns-of-evidence-exodus
- Epic Christian History
- Through thirty-three objects, Tim Challies explores the history of what God is accomplishing in this world–whether through princes or peasants, triumph or trial. Each object offers a tangible link between the present and the past, between the Christians of the 21st century and those who lived and died in centuries past.
- A free episode is available on Facebook here.
- The series is available for purchase here.
- The Chosen Series
- This series gives an extensive and historically founded look into the life of the people Jesus chose to follow Him. I found this series very helpful in thinking about the humanity of Jesus, and the humanity of His followers.
- The series can be viewed for free by downloading their app (Apple) or (Google)
Have more questions?
You can reach us by phone or email below. We’d be happy to answer any questions you might still have!